This was a very quick and easy repair using two very simple steps which included a sander and “in my opinion” one amazing appliance product.
This was the damage caused to my Laundry Dryer after Pool Acid leaked from the bottom of a container, because the dryer is in great working condition I decided to give it some much needed cosmetic repair.
I thought the damage to the Dryer could possibly be unrepairable however, after using my sander with #80 sandpaper and a little over a half can of Rust-oleum Appliance Epoxy spray paint I was eager to share the results of this repair with you, because I was very pleased with how it turned out!!
Always remember to spray paint in a ventilated area and use a face mask or covering. I completed this repair in my garage, with a facemask on, the ceiling fan going and the garage door opened. It is important not to spray paint in a closed or unventilated area. Always keep safe in every project!
This is how it turned out after using a Sander and the Epoxy Appliance Spray. I am very pleased with how little time & and how minimal the cost was to complete the repair. The Epoxy Appliance spray by Rust-oleum was easy to use and made a huge cosmetic difference to my Dryer. It was very cost effective at only $4.48 @homedepot.
- Rust-oleum Epoxy Appliance Spray
- Hand Sander
- Sand Paper
- Face Mask/or covering.
- Always avoid breathing in any fumes, by spray painting in a well ventilated area and using protective mask over nose and mouth.
- HAND SANDER
- SAND DOWN RUSTED AREA USING SANDER WITH SANDPAPER ATTACHED. OR USE SAND PAPER TO SAND MANUALLY
- ONCE SANDED TO SMOOTH FINISH, WIPE DOWN AND BEGIN TO SPRAY THE SANDED AREA
- LET DRY AND ADD SECOND COAT IF NEEDED.