This was a quick, fun and easy little craft project that took less than half an hour to complete! I reused these Dollar Tree jars from a previous DIY, purchased a set of three witch hat picks and a bag of candy corn, added a bit of color put it all together and this was the end result….
What you will need:
- 3 Small Jars
- Painters tape
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Pack of Witch hat picks
- Bag of candy corn
Add painters tape around the neck of the glass jars and paint the bottom of each jar using Acrylic Crafting paint in matte black. Paint each jar at the top section of the jars using colors that are vibrant and Halloween friendly. I used the colors on each jar to match the decorative witch hats.
Once the paint is semi dry at the top and bottom, carefully remove the tape from around the neck of each jar.
Fill each jar with candy corn, if being used simply for decor, then don’t waste those sweet treats add a plastic bag or some wrapping tissue to the bottom of each jar and simply fill the jars until the clear window is filled with candy corn.
The pick stick was a little longer than the jar so I cut them down to fit and pressed each stick through the candy corn until rested at the bottom.
How adorable are these little candy jars!!?? I mean Sure… I could buy some cute decorative items at Dollar Tree for Halloween and save myself a little time, but I truly enjoy creating seasonal decorative items with my own personal touches.
I love the way these Halloween candy jars turned out! After I finished and was able to get this picture uploaded; I decided to add a personal touch to the front of each jar by adding my nieces names with a chalk marker. After those sweet treats are gobbled up the girls will have a personalized jar to reuse for some hairpins, hair ties, or even spare change.
DIY Halloween Candy Jars
DIY Candy Corn witch hat jars
- Acrylic Paints (Colors of choice)
- 1 pack of Witch hat sticks
- Small paint brush
- Candy Corn
- Painters tape
- Add Painters tape around the neck of each jar
- Paint the bottom of each jar under the painters tape, with black paint
- Paint the top of each jar with three different colors of choice
- let dry and remove the painters tape
- Add candy corn and fill until passed the clear windows of each jar
- Place the witch Hat sticks into each jar and cut down if necessary to fit
- If you wish to personalize the jars, simply use a chalk marker it will adhere to the matte acrylic paint well.