Inspired by the Fall season that is quickly approaching, I wanted to add a bit of the outdoors to my Fall Decor. I reinvented the look of White Birch without the expense. This DIY Project was effortless and created a beautiful high end look.
I came across a few different DIY ideas that included battery operated Tea lights that could be used in creating this type of look. I opted to create something that would illuminate with actual flame.
I took a trip to my local Dollar Tree and came across Candle jars that were the perfect height for my project. I purchased two candle jars, one roll of brown crafting paper and a small wired wreath that would add the perfect touch to my Fall decor.
What You will need:
- White Chalk paint
- Grey Chalk paint
- Small paint brush
- 2 candle jars (Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue gun
- Two pieces of brown craft paper (Dollar Tree) cut into 7 3/4 x 7 3/4
- Wired garland
For a perfect and snug fit around each jar, measure the height and width of the jar you will be using for this project. For my project I cut two equal 7 3/4 inch pieces.
After cutting crafting paper to size lay the jar down over one end and roll until both ends meet. Then using a hot glue gun; glue both ends together from top to bottom.
Use light strokes from left to right, begin by using the white chalk paint first stroking lightly over a few areas. Continue this method, in very minimal amounts when adding in the steel colored chalk paint. Brushing minimal light strokes will keep the brown wrap paper visible and give your faux birch a more authentic look.
After painting both pieces of wrapped paper around each candle, let dry for about 10 minutes and add the decorative Garland.
I placed the Candles on my wall sconces and stood back to admire the the similarities they have to a white birch log. This simple DIY gives off that chilly night vibe, while still bringing warmth into the space.
DIY Faux White Birch Candles
How to Create Faux White Birch Candles
- Two Candle Jars
- One roll of crafting brown paper
- White Chalk Paint
- Steel Chalk paint
- Small garland
- Glue Gun
- Small Paint Brush
- 1. Cut two equal pieces to fit around the jar top to bottom and side to side, The candle jars used for this project took two 7-3/4 size paper.
- 2. Roll jar on flat surface on top of the crafting paper until covered and both ends meet
- 3. Glue both ends together from top to bottom
- 4. Using gently strokes from left to right, add some white chalk paint and use the same motion for the second paint color (steel)
- 5. Let dry for about 10 minutes
- 6. add the garland around each candle
- 7. Place on a mantel, or wall sconce.